Elements to consider when evaluating whether a job is a good fit:
- Compensation: Are pay and benefits adequate for your current and future needs?
- Vocation: Does the job allow you to use your gifts and respond to the calling you believe is on your life?
- Mission: Do you believe in the value of what you are or will be doing?
- Environment: Do you or would you like going to work and spending eight or more hours a day there?
- Growth: Is there room for development and advancement?
- Company: Is the company well run and financially solvent?
- Corporate Ethic: Does the company operate ethically, and does it respect your other commitments to church and family?
Rarely will any one job allow you to answer all these questions affirmatively. But there may be a problem if most of the answers are "No."